Friday, April 3, 2015

Blue Friday



The KC Royals wrapped up Spring Training in Arizona on Wednesday, finishing with the second best overall record behind only the Oakland Billy Butlers. This marks the second straight second place finish they have had in the MLB. I am not satisfied with that because I WANT TO BE A CHAMPION. However, I will not dwell on those second place finishes, mostly because I still despise Madison Bumgarner more than any human on the planet except for Peyton Manning, and because Spring Training games are meaningless. 

So today, I wanted to focus only on positives:

First and foremost, it is Good Friday. Let us all rejoice in this holy weekend.

Second and almost equally important, the Royals are playing two exhibition games in Houston today and tomorrow AND I GET TO SEE THEM IN PERSON. I have already indicated my excitement for these also meaningless exhibition games, but in case you still have not grasped how awesome this is, think back to September 30, 2014, when the Royals beat the Oakland A’s in the Wild Card game AND THEN REALIZE THAT I GET TO SEE THOSE GUYS TONIGHT.
I get to see Eric Hosmer crushing a baseball. I get to see new Royals pitcher Edinson Volquez in his final tune-up before the season starts. I get to see if Alex Gordon’s wrist is ready to earn a 5th straight Gold Glove. I GET TO SEE LORENZO CAIN PATROLLING CENTER FIELD LIKE A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yeah, you should be jealous. 

Third, the end of Spring Training means that Opening Day is around the corner. I hope all of you in Kansas City are planning to be at The K on Monday to watch the Royals receive their AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS rings. Now I am the one who is jealous. In fact, the only opening day I will be attending will be the Astros versus Cleveland Indians, also on Monday. BOOOOOOORING. And I hate Cleveland. However, the Astros announced that they are now offering a Chicken and Waffle Cone which sounds pretty delicious to me, so now you all know what my dinner will be on Monday. 



Finally, Easter is on Sunday, and the NFL draft is at the end of this month and baseball is back and Spring is in full swing and everything is awesome so have a good weekend because mine is sure to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment