Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Riding the #WeaselPecker

We have almost arrived at the day Royals fans have been waiting for since the World Series ended: ROYALS BASEBALL IS BACK. AND WE DON’T SUCK ANYMORE.

Kansas City plays their first Spring Training game tomorrow afternoon. They begin their defense of the American League Championship against the Rangers, and will start the regular season on Monday, April, 6 at home against the White Sux. (That was not a typo. As you can imagine, I don’t like the White Sox and their stadium is a joke, but I digress).

The issue now at hand is how many times will you (and I) see the Royals this season. I recently moved to Houston and I am extremely thankful that the Astros moved to the American League and now play the Royals 6 times per year, which includes 3 home and 3 away games. I can’t afford trips back to KC so I will likely only get to see A1, Hoz, Moose and Co. three times this year.
But wait! Turns out the Royals play two exhibition games here in Houston the Friday and Saturday before the season starts. Pardon my French but
No, that doesn’t express my joy enough. Here:
I GET TO SEE THE ROYALS 5 TIMES THIS SEASON. I GET TO SEE SPORTING KC 2 TIMES THIS SEASON. ANNNNNNNDDDD, the Chiefs are coming to Houston in 2015. I cannot wait. In fact, I feel like this right now:
Yes, that is me, happy as a lark, riding the now famous WeaselPecker. Please read about this if you have not already. Can’t wait to see the Royals! I bought tickets to all 5 games the Royals will play here in Houston and I fully expect a 5-game sweep. If you want to come join me, just let me know. I will send my WeaselPecker to pick you up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment