Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in Review, by MattfromKC

This past year was a fantastic one for sports teams in Kansas City. It was also a fantastic year for me on Twitter, where I enjoyed creating crude photoshop images of the Royals and Chiefs and all of their opponents that many people retweeted to their followers. I will readily admit I am not very good at trash talk and therefore I try to confine my tweets and photoshop skills to mocking humorous situations. Below are my favorite posts or most viral tweets and images throughout 2015. Feel free to give me a follow here on twitter if you want to see more, and be sure to keep reading my blog!

2015 in review:
January through April was fairly uneventful, but once May rolled around and the Royals were playing the Cardinals, I had a chance to sharpen up the Cardinals stadium (otherwise known as Kauffman East), as shown below:
Cardinals fans are the worst, and I also had a chance to throw some trash talk at these alleged "best fans in baseball":
My most read blog post around this time was my commentary on how being a fan sucks, which was partially due to extreme rains and flooding down here in Houston that made it difficult to watch the Royals when they came to town. Check it out here if you missed reading why being a fan sucks!

Shortly after that, the campaign to vote the Royals into the All Star game really started catching steam, and I was able to provide some momentum to the cause by showing who was voting for Moose:
I had a great time voting for Moose thousands of times and making sure the Twins knew that their second baseman Brian Dozier was a lose. If you were not following the situation, Dozier was super butthurt about Royals fans voting Mose into the All-Star Game. What a mopey moron! 
By late July, my wife and I found out we were having a baby, which was fantastic news  and we were given a warm welcome from the Royals Twitter Fam.
We found out the day after the Royals won the World Series that we were having a girl, and shared that news in Kansas City after we drove up from Houston for the parade. Her name is Claire and she will be Forever Royal!
I also had a good time sharing with the world that the Royals were ALCS champions, even if the trophy in the picture below was from 2010 when the Rangers were ALCS champs. I waited the majority of my life for that so who cares about pointless details!
Shortly after that, the Chiefs' season got started and Derrick Johnson set a franchise record for most tackles. I dislike the Broncos more than anything in this world (except for the disgusting ku jayhawks) so any time I can make fun of Noodle Arm Manning and the donkeys, I jump at the chance:
The playoffs were starting for the Royals around this same time. My most read blog post from this time was one that described my Halloween costume. Give it a read here in case you missed it!  I also put my crude photoshop skills to use making fun of the Astros, Blue Jays and Mets. In particular, the Toronto Blue Jays were an easy target because they whined more than anyone, still spell things using British English, and have one of the biggest douches in all of pro sports (Josh Donaldson). There was also the funny story of the Texas Governor tweeting that the Astros had beat the Royals before the Royals came back and kicked them out of the playoffs! My most viral image mocking other teams was the Mini-Moose pointing to the ball after the Mets' second baseman had an error.
After the Royals became CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD, attention became focused on which players would stay or go or re-sign. The Royals should have some interesting pitchers next year (particularly Chris Young and Tim Collins, who are 15 inches different in height!), and of course they have the Best Bullpen Of All Time (BBOAT), but all I wanted for Christmas was an LF on a Shelf:
Also speaking of the holidays, I created a 12 Days of Royals Christmas and 12 Days of Chiefsmas, all while dreaming of a Frank White Christmas. I thought my funniest work was the 3 French Neds below. My most viral image from this period was 12 Kelce's Dancing, which Travis Kelce himself retweeted:  
 Hope you have enjoyed my work this year. I sure had a lot of fun! Make sure you come back for more in 2016, especially since the Chiefs have made the playoffs. I will have plenty more to post and write about! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment