Sunday, December 24, 2017

12 Days of Chiefsmas - 2017

We have finally arrived at the 12 Days of Chiefsmas. This has been a long, frustrating, up-and-down roller coaster season that has lasted the past 15 weeks. Good play and bad from everyone on the roster (except Buttkicker) has culminated in a 8-6 record leading into the final two games and the push for the playoffs. But before we consider whether the Chiefs will actually make the playoffs (probably) and how they might fare (terribly), let us revisit some festive Chiefs stats and info, both past and present, complete with a video I made to accompany the 12 Days of Chiefsmas. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!

On the 12th Day of Chiefsmas, Clark Hunt gave to me:
  •  12 yards per completion (Alex Smith's career high, and likely due to Pat Mahomes providing some pressure on Smith from the bench)
On the 11th Day of Chiefsmas, Clark Hunt gave to me:
  •  11 interceptions (now 14, which includes 5 from Marcus Peters)
On the 10th Day of Chiefsmas, Brett Veach gave to me:
  •  10 games (now 11) from The Buttkicker, the greatest rookie kicker in Chiefs history
On the 9th Day of Chiefsmas, Clark Hunt gave to me:
  •  9 1/2 sacks from Justin Houston
On the 8th Day of Chiefsmas, Andy Reid gave to me:
  •  a +8 turnover differential (now +12)
On the 7th Day of Chiefsmas, Clark Hunt gave to me:
  •  Victories over seven NFL teams
On the 6th Day of Chiefsmas, the Hunt family gave to me:
  •  Six decades of greatness
On the 5th Day of Chiefsmas, Clark Hunt gave to me:
  •  Five seasons with Andy Reid (he might win his 2nd AFC West Title this season!)
On the 4th Day of Chiefsmas, Travis Kelce gave to me:
  •  Four players sack racing! LOL
On the 3rd Day of Chiefsmas, the Chiefs gave to me:
  •  Three 4th quarter TDs to beat the Patriots on the Opening Night of the NFL Season
On the 2nd Day of Chiefsmas, the Chiefs gave to me:
  •  Two Super Bowl appearances in franchise history
On the 1st Day of Chiefsmas, Clark Hunt gave to me:
  •  One thousand yard rusher (and pretty soon Travis Kelce will join Tyreek Hill as a 1000 yard receiver - NOT BAD!)
 

Merry Chiefsmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment